Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 20 - January 20, 2008

Viva Pit Senyor Sto. Nino!!! The highly anticipated and much awaited, Sinulog Festival will be celebrated today. I woke up at 7 am to check if the parade has begun but the street dancers were still preparing for the upcoming event. So I went back to our apartment and took forty winks. It's already 10 am when I woke up. After preparing myself, I turned on the T.V. to see what's going on the parade. I found out that my school's contingents were already in the Fuente Osmea. I hurried up so I'll catch them up. They're costumes were nice. They seem exhausted. Lols. Xp

After they passed Jones Ave., I went back at the apartment to watch their full performance in television. But the coverage was cut off due to the shows that should be premiered by 12 noon to 2:30 in the afternoon. So I went back to the street to watch again the performers. I was with Kuya and his girl. It's the first time that I celebrated Sinulog with him.

I had fun watching the different contingents perform the street dance because of their beautiful costumes and amazing choreography. There were also floats that delighted more. Celebrities were much awaited by the crowd. Lovi Poe and and Joseph Bitangcol were the first celebrities that I have seen. Followed by the GMA stars, Richard Gutierrez, Maxene Magalona, Mark Anthony Fernandez, Ehra Madrigal, and my favorite Jewel Mische. At long last! I have seen Jewel in person. I'm one of her fans. She's really beautiful.

The rain poured by mid afternoon. Yes, I'm a bit wet, but the rain won't stop me from watching. Angel Locsin, Riza Santos and Will Devaughn were there, endorsing JAG. By 4 PM, the float that I've been waiting for finally arrived - the float of my fave tv network, ABS-CBN. As expected, the PBB Celebrity 2 housemates that I've seen yesterday were there. Anne Curtis, Sam Milby, Jake Cuenca, and Cesar Montano were also there. Bodie Cruz followed them and the last that I've seen was Giselle Sanchez.

It's almost 5 pm. I'm now exhausted. I've expected that no more celebrities will come so I went back home. After resting, I went downtown and buy 2 polo shirts then went back to the apartment. Me, Kuya, Grace, Tintin and Sheena went to Beats Family KTV. As we're going there, the streets were still crowded. We had fun singing at the KTV. It's about 1 am when we went home.

No comments: