Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Sister's Wedding

August 1, 2009

The big event in has finally arrived. Later at 3PM, 2 hearts would be united by God. It's my second time to be part of a wedding event. As far as I can remember, that first time was when I was a kid, around 3-5 years old. Yes I can still remember that and I did not participate in the entourage. I hated my partner. *LOL*. I said I would like Aiza Seguerra, a child star that time, to be my partner. But no Aiza came so I refused to join the entourage. Yeah, I know I'm a stupid kid. Hahahaha..

After waking up, we ate our breakfast and we went to the shop where we will hire the Barong Tagalog that we will wear later. Then went home and prepared for the wedding. It's rainy. The wedding was scheduled at 3:00 PM but the photographer arrived around 2:00 PM and they still need to make pictorials and video shoot for my sister's preparation before she wear the wedding gown. By the way, thanks to the internet. My Tita Karen was able to watch these preparations through a video call courtesy of Skype. Everything was finished around 2:50 PM, 10 minutes before the wedding. His soon to be husband must be nervous and thinking that her bride won't come. *LoL*. It's still raining.

Finally we arrived at the church, Sta. Rosa de Lima Parish Church. It's our town church. The mass started around 20 minutes after 3:00 P.M. Good thing, the priest was not that mad. I was almost teary eyed while I'm watching my sister walk down the aisle. Maybe this is just how it feels when you're happy for someone in your family. We're not close when we're still a child. We almost fight everyday. That's because we're still immature. But today, we're grown ups and we no longer fight. I can now feel that she's my sister.

My sister's now officially married. I almost cried when they're telling and accepting their vows. I can feel how my sister love Kuya Chris. They deserve each other and I know that they'll be happy together. After mass, we went to the reception venue at May-iba Covered Court. It's still raining cat and dogs. The program at the reception was great. The newly weds danced while they are being welcomed. Nice laugh. I never thought my brother-in-law and my sister could dance like that. Later, the laugh was on me. It's a tradition that the bride will throw the bouquet and the groom will throw the garter to the single ladies and gents. On the our turn, where we will catch the garter, nobody's reacting to it. We just let the garter fall. After 3 attempts, nobody was still catching so I decided just to catch it. All I knew was, the guy who caught the garter will put it to the thigh of the girl who caught the bouquet. Well, that's no big deal for me. After that, I was surprised that we also need to kiss each other. Hahahaha.. The girl was very young. Well, she was lucky.. Hahahahaha.. Too much of this shameful events.. Good food. The catering service was owned and managed by my godmother Ninang Ayette.

Also, part of the program, people who are close to the couple will leave inspirational messages to them. It's my first time to see my father cried. It was so touching. I know how my parents love us. And I know how it feels to see their eldest daughter leave the boundaries of the family they've nurtured for how many years. She will now build her own family. We're happy for our sister. I also gave her a message. I would also like to cry that time but I'm really holding my tears back. I always cry when I make speeches. It's just because I'm saying from my heart and that's how I felt that time. I'm really happy for her and I hope they're marriage will be as strong as a fortress and they'll live a happy married life forever.

After the program we went straight home. Outside was crowded despite the heavy rain. As usual, nothing has changed. Everytime there's a "handaan" or free meal in our place, most of the people will surely come even you don't invite them or even inform them. Anyway, we prepared for that and we learned from the past. Before, we let them get the food they want and they're very abusive. Now, we assigned our relatives to serve the food so that they won't be wasted.

It was a long day.. So exhausted.. A day to remember for a lifetime.. :D

No comments: