Friday, August 14, 2009

Heartbreaking Departure

August 4, 2009

Today's my scheduled departure. Hours more and I'll be back to Cebu. Of course I won't leave my hometown without seeing my best friend Divine. A day after my arrival, July 31st 2009, she gave birth to a beautiful angel named Deivienne Shendalzare. Thanks God both of them were safe. I know Divine and Eugene will be good parents to her.

She's currently staying at Eugene's house at Greenville. It's been a year since I last visited that place and I'm still not familiar on how to get there. I arrived around 9 in the morning. Finally, those eyes that I loved to watch, the voice that I've loved to hear, the smile that I've loved to see and the person I loved to be with.. was there.. in front of me. Our last meeting last summer was a complete fiasco. Now, we have only an hour to spend with. It's such a short time for both of us to talk about our lives... our dreams... and how we used to be. I can still feel the pain, and it still hurts. It's like my heart was stabbed by my own hands and I'm slowly thrusting it. All I can do is endure the pain and that's how it is.

Well, I did not meet her to reminisce how I feel but to reminisce what he have, what we are. She's my best friend, and she'll always be. Though I can't play my role all of the time but I hope she would still feel that I'm still here and I'm still her best friend. Her baby's cute. I hope she'll grow like her mom. The three of them make a good family. I hope Eugene will take care of them and I trust him that he would. I had hoped that I had more time to spend with them. I've got to tell her lots of stories. Time flies, indeed.

On the 28th on this month, we'll celebrate our 6th best friendship anniversary. Out of those 6 years, we only spent 7 months to make the most out of our friendship. I guess 7's really my favorite number..

I really loved this line..

"I'll build a wall around my heart that would only break apart for you.."

No comments: