Saturday, August 22, 2009

From US to Japan to Manila to Cebu to Leyte

August 22, 2009

My cousin, Kuya Jade just arrived from United States. He's back to accomplish something and it's none of our business so let's not talk about it. Only few selected relatives knew that he's coming back that's why I'm the only one who fetched him at the airport. Too bad, the baggage he brought was not with him because of some mistakes on the airlines end. All the baggage from passengers that came from Detroit was misplaced while they're on their connecting flight in Japan. We'll still need to wait tomorrow to retrieve them. From the airport, we went straight to SM City Cebu and stroll around while waiting for our other cousin Cielo Mae. I missed both of them. When I was still a freshman, the three of us were living in the same house with our Tita Perla. Almost 5 years had passed and we are now living our own lives not the way we thought it would be. That's why I'm so glad that we're together again, the three of us. Later, he'll be traveling to our province, Southern Leyte.

A thought came to my mind once again. He was supposed to be my elder brother in paper. My parents were supposed to keep him and in fact he was baptized under our surname, Acallar. But his mother changed her mind and just accepted the full responsibility of taking care of him and he grew up with our grandfather. I was wondering what could've happened if he lived with us. I would not long for an elder brother perhaps. He could've finished his studies and living a very good life. Things are just the way they are. Everything happens for a reason... Indeed.

No comments: