Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 12, 2009

I woke up at 2 am with high hopes that I would feel better and be ready to go to work. I'm wrong. Yes, I can say I triumphed over my fever and headache, but my world was slightly spinning and one wrong move could result to a head with a faucet of blood. And I decided to surrender the legacy of my egos that we've protected for 8 long years - and that is not to make an absence. This is the first time that I've been absent to work. Well, I'm sick. I remembered that although I've been tardy a couple of times at Etelecare, I've never been absent even I'm not feeling good. I still reported to work even I'm dizzy or when I knew that I got fever. I even collapsed one time while I'm at work. This time it's different. I did not feel well for the past 3 days. Until yesterday when my fever got worse. Headache's been wrecking my brain and my cough's been annoying me especially while I'm taking calls. And my guess was correct. All I need was enough rest and sleep which I lacked the past 3 days. Now I'm back to my normal self once again. Now I need a medical certificate to prove that I'm not fit to work this day. I went to SM almost 7 PM and unfortunately the doctor was already out and there goes my medical certificate. After meeting up with my boardmates/friends, I went straight ahead at Sacred Heart Hospital which is closed - literally. The doors are locked and I'm wondering about that because I thought that's a hospital and they shouldn't close. Anyway, I'll just report without a medical certificate.

No comments: