Sunday, February 1, 2009

INKHEART movie


I just watched INKHEART this night at SM City Cebu.. It's my day off and I think I deserve myself a treat after all what happened the previous week, or should I say the previous month. The problem is, after my shift, I haven't been able to take a nap. I went to church right after my shift, then spent the remaining tokens I won at the World of Fun, then I went to the supermarket and bought myself a new cellphone. I bought a 5210 cellphone. Yes it's an old model. I don't want to buy a costly cellphone again, after all what happened to my 2 new cellphones, which lasted for 2 months and the other was 2 weeks only.

I'm very interested with this movie because I found the book where this movie was adapted and I thought this film is interesting. Yes it is. I'm so tired when I entered the cinema. Unfortunately, I'm not been able to concentrate with the movie because I'm so sleepy at that time. There are some scenes that I missed. I felt asleep in some scenes which I found not worth watching. Actually, I've been inside the cinema for almost 5 hours and I've watched the movie 4 times. But I haven't been able to watch the movie straight without my eyes closing to sleep. Lesson learned: Never watch a movie if you're sleepy. Hahaha.. I won't enjoy it that much.

Anyway, the movie was indeed interesting. The main character was Mo Folchart portrayed by Brendan Fraser, and he's a silvertounge. He can make the characters in the book alive when he's reading it aloud, and her daughter Meggie inherited the same gift. The part that I liked in the movie, was when Meggie brought Shadow to life, and then the page that she was reading was taken by the witch character, then her father gaver her the pen to continue the story by writing the scenes in her arm. Then they succeeded in their main goal, to bring her mother back. Their family is now complete. She haven't seen her mother since she was three years old.

Well the story doesn't end here. Inkhear is a trilogy, so I'll be expecting two more installments of this movie. And if I got money, I'm planning to buy the book also for me to understand more the story. Just like Harry Potter, I understood more what the story is all about after reading the books.


Heres the plot of the film. (courtesy of wikipedia.org)


Mortimer "Mo" Folchart (Brendan Fraser) and his 12-year-old daughter, Meggie (Eliza Bennett), share a passion for books. What they also share is an extraordinary gift for bringing characters from books to life when they read aloud. But there is a danger: when a character is brought to life from a book, a real person disappears into its pages.

On one of their trips to a secondhand book shop, Mo hears voices he hasn't heard for years, and when he locates the book they're coming from, it sends a shiver up his spine. It's Inkheart, a book filled with illustrations of medieval castles and strange creatures--a book he's been searching for since Meggie was three years old, when her mother, Resa (Sienna Guillory), vanished into its mystical world.

But Mo's plan to use the book to find and rescue Resa is thwarted when Capricorn (Andy Serkis), the evil villain of Inkheart, kidnaps Meggie and, discovering she has inherited her father's gift, demands that she bring his most powerful ally to life--the Shadow. Determined to rescue his daughter and send the fictional characters back where they belong, Mo assembles a small group of friends and family--some from the real world, some from the pages of books--and embarks on a daring and perilous journey to set things right.

No comments: