Sunday, January 4, 2009

Incident

January 4 2009 - I'm on my way to attend my company's New Year Party at Waterfront Hotel. It's around 7:00 pm when I left my boarding house. I'm bound to Jones Avenue where I usually ride a jeepney. I've been walking Urgello Street for a long time even I'm alone but nothing bad happened to me. I don't know that this would be the day that an incident that I've been thinking of will happen. I was in a hurry at that time because my coworkers are waiting for me. A guy in red was walking in front of me at that time and the moment I set foot in the somewhat dark side of the street, that guy stopped and pulled out a gun in his pocket and aim the gun in my head. "Give me your cellphone and just don't resist!", said that guy. Then two other guys just appeared on my back and grabbed me. I didn't notice that they've been following me. One is inspecting my pocket to get my money and the other one was holding me so tight with his one fist on my face. A fist on the left and a gun on the right. On my mind, I'm thinking if the gun was real or not because I could've resisted since there are lot of civilians around. But I've remembered the news I have read before about the same incident and the victim was killed because she refused to give what those holduppers want. So I just let those guys take my 6300 nokia phone and my 400 pesos money in my pocket. After that they left and I tried to follow them. I would like to shout but I'm still shock about what happened. I lost presence of mind.

That phone is the first phone I bought myself with my own money. The good thing, that's not an original phone and it did not cost me an arm and a leg to buy that. But I still worked hard for me to buy that. I'm so mad. Lessons learned. I'm now more afraid to buy an original cellphone. *Sight*. I would need to buy a new one, but I still need to wait for the next payday. I now know what's the feeling of when a gun is aimed in your head.

No comments: