Thursday, January 1, 2009

A glimpse to 2008

Year 2008 has been a tough year for me. I encountered lots of challenges that I never thought I'd surpassed. I know God guided me all throughout the year and I know He still will. I learned a lot of real life lessons. I learned how to understand and to work as a team with my group mates to finish our design project. Gladly, we made it and our hard work has been paid off. Now, we're engineers! We're just waiting for our diplomas. My academic life has come to an end. I still have plans of going back to school though. Then, I have to face the world on my own without the friends that I spent my life with for the past 4 years of my college life. Yes, my friends made me strong while I'm away with my family. I'm very fortunate that I've got a best friend here, whom I considered my older brother. Well, he really acted as my older brother, who bullies his younger brother.. hehehe.. I also had some realizations. You really can never really please everybody. And I stand with what I believe that you really don't have to do what everyone's been doing to get you inside the circle. I know I'm different and I love to be one. I hope they would understand.

Again, without sorrow, there would be no joy of course. I felt both when I got home. I'm very happy that I'm with my family again and I would see my high school friends, especially my bestfriend. But I don't know what happened. There's something wrong with me and I messed it all up.

Now I know how hard is it to find a job. I spent 2 months looking for a job and I ended on a call center. No regrets. I'm well compensated. I just don't like taking in calls. I'm still on the same job, and 2 months from now on, my contract will be over. By that time, I can now resign and look for a better job.

This year will be the first year that I'll spend my life dealing with the real world. No more classes, more jobs, more challenges. I know I'll make it through. It's time for me to stand on my own.

No comments: