Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mendoza-Vega Nuptials

June 19 - Elson and Oshin's church wedding was concluded at Our Lady of Divine Grace Parish in Simala, Sibonga, Cebu. I'm part of the entourage who will light the candles in the aisle. I really have no idea what to do, so I haven't notice that I already passed by the candle that I'm supposed to light. LOL. It's another addition to my collection of embarassing moments. But wait, there's more. On the reception, it's a tradition that single men and ladies are called and whoever catches the bouquet or garter will be the center of attraction. You know what I mean. Well, this time, they reversed the process. Whoever won't get anything (flower for ladies, table napkins for men) will be the one who'll take the hot seat. I thought I'm safe because I won't be catching that damn garter. Now I have to exert some effort to catch the table napkin. When Elson threw those napkins... well what can I say. The strap of my watch was broken and my eyeglasses almost fell. So there's no chance for me to catch. How lucky can I get? I just looked stupid again. Aside from that, they put a twist in inserting the garter into the lady's leg. I have to use my teeth. I really had a hard time doing that, plus the pressure, plus all the eyes looking at you, plus the laughter and most especially the host is very annoying that I could punch him afterwards. It's all over. I won't forget this. It's really embarassing. Everything recorded in video. Damn it. I had fun anyway.

No comments: