Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Powerful Desktop

June 15, 2009

Day off. This was the only time that I can buy a computer. I thought it was very easy to buy a good computer. Just identify what part you need, choose the brand, and pay. I thought that's what all it is about. I've got only 20500php cash in hand and I need to purchase all that I need to complete a running desktop: Motherboard, Processor, Hard Drive, Memory, DVD-RW, CPU casing, and monitor. I'll just purchase a video card in some later time if I got cash. I'm thinking whether I'll buy at PC Express or at PC Quickbuys. PC Express is very popular, but PC Quickbuys' prices were cheaper and I'm considering the cash at hand. So after hours of deciding, computing and thinking where will I go, I finally made up my mind to purchase all the parts at PC Quickbuys. Actually, Kuya Jayson wanted me to purchase these at PC Express but I don't think that I'll be able to buy all if I do so. Anyway, I'm just thinking they've got same parts, same brands, but different prices, so I'll go for the cheaper :D..

And I ended up buying these parts...

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz (4 CPUs)
Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-AM SE
Memory: Kingston 2GB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB Seagate Barracuda
Optical Drive: SONY DVD RW
Monitor: Likom CRT
CPU Casing: Mars

Pretty good specs, but the Monitor is so humiliating. Hahahaha.. I would've bought an LCD Monitor but the remaining cash after I completed the system unit is insufficient. Anyway, I'll probably buy an LCD Monitor in the future, unless Kuya gave one.. Hahaha.. But I'll do upgrade this by adding a video card and I'll also try to hook up an internet connection. Well this will all depend on my salary.

I'm indeed lucky that I've got a very generous and unselfish best friend :D.. Anyway, we have deal to make a project. It's a website and we'll earn through ads. I hope I could make it because I don't want to fail him and that's basically the reason why he decided to give me cash to purchase this desktop. So I'm gonna put my best foot forward to make that project possible and I'll take good care of this PC. I hope that this won't have the same fate as the laptop that he also gave me. And I hope that someday, I will be able to return all the favors he done for me. I know I will.

No comments: