Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Gating Experience

We just finished our Client Specific Training last week and we had our Gating earlier. It’s the first time we took live calls and this will determine if we will proceed to nesting. My gater was one of the QA and I expect that it would be challenging for me to pass this. My first call was kind of difficult because I’m not that familiar on how to handle COBRA inquiries. I really don’t know what to do and what to say to the member. The succeeding calls are still the same. I’m quite familiar with some of the issues but the problem was, I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing or not and I tend to keep on asking. I think it’s better to ask than to commit mistakes and provide the member wrong information. After six calls for more than 3 hours, I was told that I still need to attend Gating 2, which means that I’m not yet endorsed to Nesting.

I’m feeling that this is not the right account for me. I find this account challenging but I don’t think I can still cope up with it. The account is nice, yes it is, but I don’t feel that I’m interested. I’m feeling that I don’t have the will to pass the training. Although I would like to pass, but basing on the calls I received and the knowledge I have right now, I don’t think I will make it. Good luck to me tonight.

No comments: