Thursday, December 11, 2008

Celebration of the Job well Done.. then came what I feared the most

After the defense, my batchmates decided to celebrate our success in our design projects. That means we'll be graduating and they don't want this day to pass without celebration. We went straight ahead to the boarding house where we worked with our project. As expected, they will drink again. I promised myself that if we passed the defense, I'll go to church afterwards and so I did.

When I arrived, the drinking session had already begun. An hour had passed when they decided to go out and have some fun. I don't know where we're going until we arrived at the place where temptation dwells. I really don't want to go with them, and I've been to church hours ago. But they will get disappointed at me.

Inside that dark tavern, fun and enjoyment awaits us, or should I say, "them". There were dancing nocturnals that only got themselves with them. I knew then that moments later, the limelight will be focused on me again.

Then, my classmates hired the most perverted nocturnal in that tavern. What do you expect will happen? Of course, they want me to penetrate the lost worlds. But I don't want to. I don't want to lose my integrity just because of that very petty request. They say it's just for fun, and I'm a man, it's alright.. Yeah right. But not everything done by the great majority should be done by everybody. I tried to ride in at first just to deal with them, but they pushed me to the limit which I think is not right anymore. What I did is to just sit still as if nobody's around. I don't care what they would think of me. As long as I knew myself that I made the right decision. If they can't understand or they think I'm someone I'm not, well, maybe they don't really know me or they just care to have fun, at my expense. Anyway, that's not the kind of friends I wanted to have. If they only knew that. But they can't open their stiff brains to understand that not everybody are the same.. Not all the things that they do should be done by everyone around them. Then moments later, they decided to go home.

For sure, they got disappointed. I'm sure they made speculations that I'm someone they thought I am because of what I have done and how I reacted. Well, I don't care. I don't need friends who can't understand their friend.

Friendship is not just about having fun. I just want them to learn a little more about respect -- Respect to what others want and don't, because we are all different. I don't want to be somebody I'm not.

This is me..

No comments: